Well following on from a post on traveler's lunchbox I thought I would post my own list.
1. Eat smoked bacon and egg icecream. This is more about the combination of the incongruous and most loved. Find someone who cooks an ingredient in a way you never thought possible. It works, its wierd and its fabulous.
2. Fine food with a view. Good company and service are all well and good but if you have an incomparable view then its complete. Jules Verne in Paris, 32nd floor of the 4 Seasons in Toronto (next year for me). 27th floor of the Hilton Park Lane.
3. Toast and fois gras with Lafite. If bordeaux doesnt do it then go with champagne (dom p or krug) or a bottle of DRC (Domaine Romani Conti). I know they say desert wine so if thats for you then Y'quem I guess.... The combination of a simple rich snack and the most fabulous wines... Yum
4. Freshly caught fish. Meat needs hanging and time but there isnt anything like eating your own grilled or barbequed just caught fish. Oh and dont forget a good chablis to wash it down.
5. Eat the whole thing. Get some friends and do a whole suckling pig. All the benefits and fun of a barbeque without the rubbish food.
There you go... Thats my current top 5.